He doesn't know where we're going, he doesn't know how near or far, he only knows he needs bug spray, some money, a rosary, and cheese.... yes, some cheesy snacks would be nice.
This July, as a gift for his recent Confirmation into the fullness of the Catholic Faith, I'll take my nephew Sean on a journey of biblical proportions. This blog will be the canvas on which we paint our travels, via the wonders of mobile blogging.
Stay Tuned!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
still havin trouble with the map. this is going to be awsome, "it's twue". and everybody knows the world isnt flat, its clearly a hexagonal type shape.
-sean
(duh who else has your map)
ah yes, my young Jedi, a hexagonal type shape it is! You ARE ready! But for now, should the science teacher ask you the question as to the world's shape, simply say... cheese.
Looking forward to the journey!
"Ask and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened..."
U.B.
What a totally cool concept. I found your blog via a comment at Jen’s Et Tu blog. I am a sponsor for my nephew’s conformation next year. I’m going to stay tuned to your adventure for ideas.
BTW, did Sean take a patron saint? If so did he take that saint’s name? My nephew is telling me that he’s not required to do so, and I’ve been saying OK, but I want you to have a confirmation patron, so even if you pick a saint with the same name as you I want you to pick one.
hey anne. glad to have an audience.
yes i took saint lawrence as my patron saint and 4th name. as far as i know for conformation you do have to pick a saint but i could be wrong. as for adventure ideas youll have to wait till the trip starts because as you may already know uncle B wont tell me ANYTHING about it till we start (i hope ur reading this tall guy and maybe change ur mind)
-Sean
Hi Anne Marie,
Sorry for the delay in responding. I guess my nephew answered your question. I don't actually know if taking the actual name of the saint into your own is a local Church or universal Church tradition. Do you mean adding it into your name? I love the idea.... Mine was St. Michael, and on formal occasions it's nice to let it roll out as William Christopher Michael Donaghy! I feel that we should add it in, at least in spirit. A name change in the Bible always meant a deeper mission in following God.... Abram becomes Abraham, Sarai becomes Sarah, Jacob becomes Israel, etc. Thanks for the comment! Stay tuned, our adventure is coming soon to a blog near you!
Peace,
Bill
-__-
Sean, sean, sad sad sean, no
clearly you and uncle billskie are sadly misinformed
the world is ever so clearly a HENDECAGON
Dissapointedly yours
Taylor
NO! the hedecagon theory is a lie!! none listen to him!!i can even prove it taylor, tomorow night just go up in ur local rocketship and camp out on mars. when the earth rises ull see the shape is hexagonal NOT hendecagonal.
Post a Comment