Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beauty and Silence

Sitting on top of Mount Battie, we took a few moments of silence to drink in the beauty. I said to Grasshopper (NS) "Quiet time! Off now! Meditate!"

"I hate meditating," he whined. "It's so quiet!" (he was joking, mostly) I let it roll on and he wandered off on the rocks, thinking, watching, silent.

After some time, I took out the tinwhistles and played "Down by the Sally Gardens" and a couple airs. Irish music, mountains, and morning fog go really well together. Sean spotted a bird or two, some turkey vultures swept in low. He grabbed his whistle and I taught him a bit of a tune. He has a great ear and learned quickly.

"Solitude is the place of discovery."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seannie, God has placed you in the middle of his beautiful world and does He have plans for you!!
Bill, I can't express my gratitude for this spiritual and crazy fun adventure you (with the help of God) have created for my Bahawney.
Love you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Will we get a tin whistle concert upon your return?

Anonymous said...

thats pretty. sean looks cool.